Sunday, November 29, 2015

Any last words? - Anything else?

Last words? 
I guess this is it. 


The "real" me?

I pray every morning to make someone's day
even if i'll never know it.

I still blow on dandelions
and wish for summer rain.

I couldn't live without my cartoons.

Four married siblings,
six nephews,
three nieces.
I love them all.

I'm gonna get ridiculed for this one,
but I'm a morning person,
Surprise!

I write in Evernote
because it's that much farther away from the publish button.

I am an ice cream enthusiast 
and too lazy to be healthy.
(but someday I'll probably regret it)

I work at a grocery store
with Bueford the cow.

I don't really like it there.

 I've kissed one boy ever.
But that doesn't matter.


When I was in fourth grade I wanted to be an author.
I don't know what I was thinking, because I never really loved writing.
I'm sorry to say, but I still don't have any confidence in that area.

I'm not an author,
I'm not even a writer.

But I do call myself an artist,
and I love what I do.


You might not know me, 
and I wouldn't really blame you if you didn't.

Sometimes i'm quiet,
and that's okay.


I'm not hiding


To be honest,
I never really was.

So,

The "real" me?



My name is Keli Elizabeth Capel.
And, as always, Spell Check says that's wrong.

But that's okay,
because I am so much more than my name.



19 comments:

  1. KELI!! finally ! that last line and this entire reveal.. fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this was amazing. and you should have confidence in the writing area. you're incredible.

    the last line is the best thing I've ever heard. great reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my KELICAPEL I love you!!!!! and your blog is UNREAL!!! ahhhh you're my favorite.

    and #teamjelly always and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KELI!!! You're the best! Truth is I really do want to be like my co-workers, I take back what I said earlier"

    ReplyDelete
  5. ' I am an ice cream enthusiast
    and too lazy to be healthy.
    (but someday I'll probably regret it)'
    SAME. Also, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Also, KELI!!!! You're amazing and I love you so much. You got me through my first job (Cash register though.... I really needed you there).
    I can't say enough. You're just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I write in Evernote
    because it's that much farther away from the publish button."
    This is one of my favorite lines EVER! great reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, such a good line, and such a good reveal

      Delete
  7. i think we had sophomore history class together, but i'm not sure. not knowing you won't keep me from loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the last line is golden and so is the rest of it actually.

    nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I am so much more than my name"
    Such a great line
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  10. the ending. wow! I love your blog! this reveal was unreal

    yes that rhymed

    ReplyDelete
  11. *flips table*

    Keli, I finally figured out what pen name is yours! Knew it all along! (Sarcasm self test complete.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope we can all be more than our names.

    Nice to meet you Keli.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "And, as always, Spell Check says that's wrong"
    That last part, dang! And the morning person part too.
    Keli, what a surprise.

    ReplyDelete