Saturday, December 12, 2015

To my dearest, Leland Ko

Four of your one line poems used to inspire four of my own.


Because what's a promise to reality?

But,
you promised?

"I just can't do this anymore..." you said.

Because you were done making stupid promises
and you were running out of lies.

I know your heart broke that night,
just like mine.
The difference was
when I whispered "I love you"
it was a promise.

But,
what's a promise to reality?

Because reality is:
you never really meant it.


Blue eyes have always been my thing, but you make brown eyes beautiful.

This one's for you.

That smile,
darling,
You were never boring.

Always talking,
so much to say,
so much to tell.
so much to get to know.
I'm drowning in you
and I love it so much.

You are so good,
too good.

Brown hair,
freckles,
so much going on in that head of yours.
I see you.
I see the boy behind those eyes.
and I love him.

because blue eyes have always been my thing,
but you make brown eyes so beautiful.

If I had said 'I love you' one last time, would you have stayed?

Though your mouth never said how much you loved me,
your lips moved slowly,
showing how much they cared for the taste of mine.
But they never did care for my eyes
or the way that I walked.
They never would look at me and think,
"What is going on in her pretty little head?"
They never cared for my favorite movies or for brunettes or for young crazy teenage kind of love.
They never even cared for my smile.

But if I had said 'I love you' one last time, would you have stayed?
or am I really as naive as I thought I was?


You finally came back only to leave me behind, so I hung out with your brother because he reminded me of you.

and I am a little bit lonely.

Because I gave you my everything
and all you left was a faint shadow for me to follow
aimlessly.
Like I'm looking for something,
Only now do I realize that it's definitely not you.
At least,
not anymore.

Because you finally came back
just to leave me behind.

So I hung out with your brother
because
he reminded me of you.


#stolen
To: Leland Ko
From: Kes
I can only hope that I interpreted these lines in a way that makes you proud.
Merry Christmas, friend :)

2 comments: